All Rounder Meguru, volume 3 (French) by Hiroki Endo
- Meguru progresses in the world of competitive Shooto (a kind of MMA) while his childhood friend Takashi strives toward a competitive career but keeps being drawn, against his will, into organized crime. A must read for fans of martial arts (which are represented beautifully and with great accuracy) and of the amazing Hiroki Endo (of Eden fame).
Black Bird, volume 8 to 12 by Kanoko Sakurakoji
- The romance in this series is basically the manga version of Twilight and it angers me. But I keep reading it because I like Japanese folklore and the art is pretty. …Ok, I admit it, it’s all about Zenki, the guy on the cover of volume 12. Totally my type. 😉 Seriously though, the story is getting rather exciting.
Cat’s Eye, volume 11 to 13 (French) by Tsukasa Hojo
- The story of the three beautiful sisters and thieves continues though these volumes are more focuses on their loves than their roberies.
City Hunter, volume 9 & 10 (French) by Tsukasa Hojo
- City Hunter was my first introduction to Hojo, and it has only improved with age. Plus I can now better appreciate the filthy humour. ^_^
Family Compo, volume 8 (French) by Tsukasa Hojo
- A lot of Tsukasa Hojo this week. I love his work. This volume continues the adventures of a transgendered family and explores the relationship between their house guest Kaoru and his mother. One of the best yet.
The Super-Cool Life of Strawberry-chan by Ai Morinaga
- The best thing I can say about this manga is that it was less disturbing than the first volume and that it is over now. Avoid this strange story of frog love and torture if you can.